Friday, February 26, 2010

Tik Tok

I find it really odd that in some cultures 33 and a half minutes late is considered socially acceptable. In class, the teacher asked what you consider late. Some people said 15 minutes, some said 10 minutes. I said 1 minute. If i tell someoe to meet me a the mall at 5, if they're not there at 5, they're late. Doesn't mean i make a big deal about it, but they're late. In the article we read in class, the boy who went to a class had other students coming in and out whenever they want. I find that rude if someone leaves a class early just because its respectful to listen in class. Also if i came in an hour late to class, it would be awkward walking in with everyone looking at you like you're a foreigner. Also, if you walk in late, you most likely missed information same with leaving early. I don't see how it's socially accpetable to be late to anything.

1 comment:

  1. I agree "time is relevant". If someone was late to a promise I would be mad. I would also find the rude if someone was late or left early. I found it werid that a few people were not fine with people being a bit early.

    ReplyDelete